Friday, October 5, 2012
Let me remind listeners about the powerful resources available on the state’s “LegInfo” website. That information includes:
- Today’s Events (including all the hearings and other events taking place in the State Capitol).
- Bill Information (including the text of every bill introduced, every amendment made, every committee or floor vote, and the analyses prepared as the bill goes through the legislative process).
- California Law (including every one of the California Codes, with search ability).
- Your Legislature (including committee assignments, FAX addresses, and other information on members of the Legislature, plus a description of how the legislative process works).
- Legislative Publications (including the “Daily File,” a sort of Farmers’ Almanac of the California State Legislature, plus other publications); and
- New Laws (including lists of new laws for the last several legislative sessions, particularly pertinent right now, since there are a whole lot of recently-enacted laws, approved by the Governor, that will soon go into effect).
Here is a legislative research question for you. What is the status of AB 1614, authored by Assembly Member Bill Monning, which would extend the life of the Fort Ord Reuse Authority? At the time I recorded this Report, it wasn’t clear whether the Governor had signed the bill. The future of Fort Ord is of critical importance. You can find out what happened on the LegInfo website.