Here’s the playlist from this week’s show with start times + cut lengths. If I get a chance, I’ll also put together some notes and send out another message. Some great music. William Parker’s In Order to Survive had a reunion performance at this year’s Vision Festival @2 hours before I played Posium Pendasem… wish I could have caught the show this year… [see http://www.artsforart.org/event/visionfestival17/schedule for further info]. I hope you don’t miss your chance to catch this show… some worthy music + some deep sounds.
Keep those ears BIG!
P.S. My sense is that the end of budget year pledge drive successfully made it’s goal. Thanks to all who helped! If you didn’t make a pledge, the need is still there [e.g. KUSP is still looking for funding for this year's Monterey Jazz Festival broadcasts]. Support the increasingly rare resource of jazz and creative music on the air at kusp.org.
Larry Blood – Host of Out Front, Outback
Presenting jazz and extensions as a living art form, with tradition a byword for music moving into the future. A KUSP-FM featured program serving California’s Central Coast since 1983, airing Tuesdays from 9:30pm to midnight PST.
comments and questions welcome: email@example.com
OFOB playlists available at http://www.kusp.org/playlists/ofob/index.html
Listen to the most recent show via http://www.kusp.org/archive/102.html#
OFOB for 6/12/12: below listing includes [kusp music show player start time] + [individual cut length] + [artist/cut information]
• 0:00 (8:46) Keith Jarrett Trio- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes- Yesterdays- ECM
• 9:51 (5:51) Jesse Stacken Trio- Magnolia- Magnolia- Fresh Sound New Talent
• 15:37 (4:53) Kris Davis- Good Citizen- Aeriol Piano- Clean Feed
• 20:23 (9:53) Tony Malaby- Floating Head- Tony Malaby’s Novela- Clean Feed
• 34:07 (9:42) Mingus Big Band Children’s Hour of Dream- Live in Time- Dreyfus
• 43:51 (5:34) Nathan Clevenger Group- Late Kasparov Drives a Cab- The Evening Earth- evandermusic.com x
• 49:21 (7:14) Reptet Mayfield Safety At the Cabin ARC (Artists Recording Collective)
• 62:32 (8:10) The Dorf- Deep- Le Record- Leo Records
• 70:43 (12:10) Kamikaze Ground Crew- Travels~Window~Canvas- Postcards from the Highwire- Busmeat Records
• 82:57 (11:37) William Parker’s In Order to Survive- Posium Pendasem #3- The Peach Orchard- Aum Fidelity
• 99:17 (7:45) Tony Malaby- Floral and Herbaceous- Tony Malaby’s Novela- Clean Feed
• ~106:44~106:59~ (14:48) Szilard Mezei Septet- Jaguarundi- 100 tu hossza (Length of 100 Needles)- Slam Productions note this segue overlaps the two pieces
• 121:58 (10:45) (Martin Kuchin’s) Angles- Let’s Tear the Threads of Trust- Epileptical West: Live in Coimbra- Clean Feed
• 136:16 (13:25) Rob Brown- Bell Tone- Unexplained Phenomena: Live at Vision Festival XV- Disques Marge